Just for Fun


I so enjoyed making the "Regular Guy Beanie" that I thought I'd try a more girly version.  I pulled out the yarn that I bought at the yarn shop.  It's a beautiful yarn - this version has olives, pinks and oranges.  It's thinner than I used for the gray beanie, so I think it might be okay for a smaller diameter one.

After doing the first one, I know that I need to keep the stitches tighter when moving from one needle to the next.  I also know that I need to make sure I don't make the beanie too "long", because then it'll start looking like a stocking cap.  But the pattern is repetitive enough that I can focus on those details rather than following an intricate pattern.  As I mentioned in the previous post about the gray beanie, once you get past the ribbing (which is k2 p2) it's only knitting from there on out.  To make the top, it's a repetition of knitted stitches and then knitting two stitches together. 

If you know basic knitting, you can do this.  Do a web search for joining stitches on double pointed needles for the first row - that's about the only technical thing that may be just a little confusing.  Use yarn that's inexpensive - that way there's no guilt involved.  The only expense may be the needles, but with a 40% off coupon at your local craft store, even that is pretty guilt free!

I'm off on a two day mini-vacation/Christmas party out on the Palos Verdes penninsula so I will be back soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts