Girlie Beanie


I mentioned in a previous post that I had purchased some beautiful yarn earlier in the year and couldn't figure out how to use it.  This is the yarn - it has such gorgeous colors!  I remember how difficult it was to even choose a skein or two - I wanted them all!  This is a picture of the yarn and the particular color I bought.


The interesting thing about this yarn is that it is only one complete color change throughout the whole skein.  It doesn't repeat over and over.  There are patterns out there just for this type of yarn.  Someday I'll attempt one...

Anyway, while watching old Christmas movies last night, I finished up the girlie beanie.  I'm going to try to make a couple more of these for Christmas presents.  The original gray one, being my first, had some little things that I messed up on.  This girlie beanie is better - I avoided previous mistakes - and it took less time because I knew how it should all end up.


Here is the finished product:

Girlie Beanie



You can see how the color never repeats.  This took one skein of the Noro yarn.  I had enough for a pom-pom on the top, but it didn't look right when I added it.  I'm really enjoying this pattern and would like to try it with different yarns!


Comments

Popular Posts