Down But Not Out

 

Life has a way of sending a reality check my direction every so often.  I guess that's a good thing - helps me truly appreciate all the small blessings I have and frequently overlook.

The events of last Friday were very sobering.  We are grieving too often with families who are victimized in situations like this.  Our hearts go out to them.

In my own little world, things were thrown a curve-ball when I took a tumble down our stairs on Monday night.  No injuries other than my right leg not being able to bear weight, but that is minimal.  I am humbled by my temporary incapacity.  I hate relying on my husband to move me from room to room, bring me meals,  help me to the bathroom, etc. but am profoundly grateful to have him by my side.  I am grateful as well for my daughter's cool head - she was there when I fell - and her ability to be the rational one when I wasn't.  I'm very proud of her.  I'm also grateful that my mom had two walkers in storage that I can use - it takes a bit of the burden off of poor David!

So, as I sit on the couch on Day #2 home from work, I can't do much other than read, watch TV and knit.  I think this is my opportunity to finish up a couple of projects.  I had planned on baking more cookies this week and posting more recipes, but that's postponed for a bit.  Gives me an incentive to get up and move around - my own personal physical therapy.  (I'm loving the "cadillac" walker with the brakes and the seat!!)

Christmas is a time to be grateful - and I am.  Moreso now than ever.  Blessings abound when I am looking and not just going through the motions of everyday life.

My companion Moochie - competing for the walker.

Comments

Popular Posts