Happy New Year!

 
 
I hope that each and every one of you had a safe (and fun!) New Year's Eve and that you are enjoying the second day of the new year!
 
Fresh starts are always inspiring - I'm usually not too successful at keeping resolutions, so I don't often make them.  I do make a mental list of things I'd like to do in the next 365 days or so, and make every attempt to do them, and am happy if one or two get done!
 
This year I'd like to take up counted cross stitch again.  I used to be an avid cross stitcher when my daughter was very very young.  Naptime turned out to be a perfect time to pull out the cross stitch stuff and work on a project.  I made wedding samplers for newly married friends, a birth sampler for my daughter, etc.  I always found it very relaxing.  I don't know what pulled me away from it, but when we moved 11 years ago and I saw the box that contains all my cross stitch stuff, I remembered how much I liked it.  And you can see how long it's taken me to pull out that box and re-kindle the interest.
 
So, I decided to start a project.  I'm not going to post a picture until it's done.  Sometimes if I goof up badly enough, the project ends up in the trash, so I don't want to jinx anything.  It may be a month, or two, or three, but I'll share it with you.  Meanwhile, I encourage you to give it a try if you've never done it before.  They have kits at crafts stores, or you can buy a magazine and just purchase the thread and Aida cloth separately.  It's really a fairly inexpensive hobby if you buy the pieces separately.  Especially if you use those coupons!
 
So jump in!  Try something new!  Make a Christmas ornament!  Get a head start on the holidays!  Ho ho ho!
 


Comments

Popular Posts