Birthday Day


Today's birthday celebration was a lot of fun.  In addition to the Happy Birthday Banner, some nice flowers and the cake (thank you GloriousTreats.com!) my co-worker's office was filled to the brim with balloons!  What more could you want?  The office had such a happy vibe - pink cake and a LOT of balloons all over the floor and down the hall.  Good times!

The cake was simple.  I was dying to try the recipe on Glorious Treats.  I have some cake decorating supplies which I haven't used in awhile, so I was antsy to pull them out again and have some fun.  I baked a box yellow cake - two layers.  I made the Buttercream Frosting from Glorious Treats and added the 1/2 block of cream cheese.  Perfection!  I even had the cake in the fridge for a day or so and it was still yummy!  Cannot wait to do cupcakes!

Check out the recipe here: 

 http://www.glorioustreats.com/2011/08/american-buttercream-frosting-recipe.html 



Oh, and let's not forget the balloons!!


Comments

Popular Posts