A Real Needleworking Store!

It's been so long since I've visited a needleworking store!  I've been a fickle crafter - and I haven't stepped foot in one of these places in forever.
Until now.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm enjoying cross-stitching again.  I started a cute little Christmas thingy and I pretty much had everything on hand.  However,  the project called for a special type of thread that is not available at generic stores like Michael's.  I searched online and the only place to buy it that was somewhat near me was in Garden Grove.  I thought I'd give it a chance.  It's called Needlepoints Limited and the website is http://www.needlepointsltd.com.
I found the store pretty easily (I'm very directionally challenged!) and could have spent an hour or more in there had I had the time. The owner helped me find the thread and encouraged me to look around.  Oh my!  In addition to all the fibers you could imagine, there were needlepoint canvases galore, cross stitch patterns and books, and new, clever, little project thingys that look like so much fun!  Some things have changed for the better in the last 10 years!  When I save up some money, I would love to splurge and buy a "package deal" - the owner puts together the canvas or cloth, all the thread needed, any other supplies like beads or embellishments, as well as the pattern and sells it as a kit.  No searching for 10 different colors of thread!!  That is a luxury!



One of the manufacturers that really caught my eye was Lizzy Kate.  You can check out the products at http://www.lizziekate.com .  Needlepoints Ltd. carries a lot of Lizzy Kate. Cute cute things! 

So, happy Saturday!  I'm going to do some guilt-free TV watching while I stitch and enjoy my last day or two of vacation!



Comments

Popular Posts