Springtime Sachets

In the OC Register this weekend, the "Make It" columnist, Cindy McNatt had a how-to article for a simple sachet.  She said that these floral filled sachets could be used in the dryer as an alternative to dryer sheets.  They looked so cute, I just had to try making them!  

We are going over the river and through the woods (oops, wrong holiday!) to my brother's house in Sylmar for Easter dinner.  I do Christmas, he does Easter and my newlywed daughter is hoping to grab Thanksgiving (if he'll give it up)!  This perfect Spring weather will be even more enjoyable at his house.  He lives at the top of a hill that overlooks the San Fernando Valley and he is an avid gardener, so his back yard is usually profusely green and blooming.  I was thinking that along with a batch of cupcakes, I'd give him and my mom a couple of these sachets just for fun.  Then I'll whip up a few for my husband.... yes, he does the laundry.  And the cleaning.  And most of the cooking.  But that's a story for another day.....

Directions are on the Craft page.


Pin It
A couple of bundles of two laundry sachets are a cute springtime gift



Sachets are filled with rose petals and lavender




Comments

Popular Posts