Spring Burlap Banner

Wow!  It's been a busy couple of weeks!  Work has been all consuming and there has been little time for crafty things.  

Two weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be able to attend a convention in San Diego.  This was a four day event for Activity Directors (ASB folks) and administrators.  That convention is amazing!  I always walk away with new information AND it's a lot of fun!  Last week I was on an accreditation team that visited Oxnard High School.  Every high school goes through WASC accreditation every 3 to 6 years.  I was thrilled to be housed at a hotel on the beach and also to work with a team of great people - administrators and teachers from other schools.  

Needless to say, coming back to work last Thursday was exhausting!  So, after I got a few chores done, I was able to work on a banner that I've been wanting to do since the beginning of March.  Today was the day!!  

I got the idea for this banner from a blog called "Twist Me Pretty" (www.twistmepretty.com) and I'm really liking having some decorations in my office, so I thought this one would look nice on my windows.

This banner would work well anywhere!
Pin It

This banner is made from burlap, different fabrics for the triangles, and ribbon.  It took a couple of hours to make, but it wasn't too terribly difficult.  It's a bit different from the one on the previously mentioned blog, which was  modeled after a Pottery Barn banner.  All the directions will be on the crafty directions page.

Happy Spring!



A small grouping of flowers are added before sewing


A close up of the banner


Same banner over the fireplace.  It's spring, so hopefully no fires for awhile!



Update:  Love the banner in my office!






Comments

Popular Posts