Valentine's Day "Cupcake in a Jar"

Thanks to GloriousTreats.com I decided to try the cupcake in a jar.  I wanted to make something special for the work folks and thought this would be a cute little gift for Valentine's Day.  I did a double batch (which gave me 24 jars plus extra cupcakes - each jar takes 1 1/2 cupcakes) and a double batch of frosting (just enough frosting).  Love them and can't wait to do another version sometime soon.  This was the same frosting recipe, only chocolate, that I used for the pink birthday cake on an earlier post.

This is a chocolate cupcake (3 layers) with frosting between layers and on top.  It's in an 8 oz. jelly jar with ribbon tied around it.  I added two hearts - one that says "Happy <3 Day" and the other "Emergency Chocolate".  The hearts were tied on with brown twine.





Let your imagination guide you in your versions of this tasty treat.  The website has lots of variations.  I encourage you to give it a try!  Heck, everyone likes cupcakes!!  Directions will be posted on the Recipe pages shortly (it's past my bedtime!)


 
Hearts that were tied on the top



Mmmm layers of cake and frosting!!




Comments

Popular Posts