Some Deals and Steals

It's Super Bowl Sunday.  Stores are empty!!  It was a joy to "graze" through some of them today.  Not much money in the ol' wallet, but still fun to window shop!

I did find some deals today though!

We are still painting and probably will be for a few more weeks.  (Ever notice how when one room is done, the others start looking a little shabby and worn?  Ugh.)  I've decided though to take it one room at a time.  Finish painting the trim before moving on.  In the past I've gotten bored, moved on, and never gone back to finish.  Not this time though.  I'm committed!!

The living room is done, with the exception of a little bit of baseboard and trim.  We went from yellow and red to the calm blue-gray and red (it took four coats of red to get the color right six years ago and I decided I still liked that contrast).  We brought an old armoire downstairs and placed it in that room.  Moved the piano and chairs and lightened up on the pictures on the wall.  Since my daughter got married in May, we've had a basket in the entryway where we put her mail, magazines, news clippings, whatever needs to go in her direction.  My mom has had a basket for me and my brother in her living room for as long as I can remember.  Anyway, Target had the most wonderful Smith & Hawkins basket with a chalkboard label on sale today.  Perfect!!


 Since we don't have as much furniture in this room now, this basket took up some space alongside the stairs.  I'm so loving the chalkboard trend!!

Second deal of the day - Home Depot!  Potted indoor plant including the ceramic pot - $23 plus buy one get one free!  Can't beat that!  Perfect for our hand-me-down round table by the stairs!



 Oh, I forgot!  Found these great "ornament" candles at Target on clearance for less than $2!  My frames are all silver and I'm on the lookout for a mercury glass table lamp, so they match perfectly!  It is on a small curio cabinet in front of a mirrored wall. 




I am on the lookout for something to put on the top of this antique armoire.  I know that if I wanted to spend a lot of money, that would be easy, but that's not the case.  I will let you know what I find.  


 The last improvement was the Home Depot (via internet) conversion for a can light in our foyer.  Love love love it.  Hoping to get a couple more for the hallway.



 Overall, a very enjoyable day!  I guess I'll settle in and watch some football!

Comments

Popular Posts