Decadent Cupcakes

I needed a quick dozen or so cupcakes for the work potluck today.  I rummaged through the pantry and found a Duncan Hines mix called Triple Chocolate cake mix.  I gave it a shot.

These little puppies were a hit (I thought I'd have a few leftover, but no!!!).  I just followed the directions on the box - making the two different batters.  I put a spoonful of the "decadent" batter on the top of the regular batter and cooked as directed.  When they came out of the oven, they did sink a bit where the gooier (is that a word?) chocolate baked, but when I added a little bit of frosting, they looked pretty cool!  Unlike the normal cupcakes I make, having just a hint of frosting let the chocolate reign supreme!  Love it!


Pin It

The frosting is just 1 1/2 tbs. butter melted with 2 tbs. milk.  Add powdered sugar and milk (a little at a time) until you have the desired consistency and amount.

Comments

Popular Posts