Heath Bar Brownie Dessert Pizza

It doesn't feel like Southern California today.  It feels more like the weather I experienced when my brother, daughter and I visited my Uncle and Aunt years ago in Nashville, Tennessee.  Hot.  Humid.  Intermittently rainy.  Too icky to be outside.

So what's a girl to do??


Make a chocolate treat of course!


One of my favorite blogs, i am baker, posted a recipe for a Heath Brownie Dessert Pizza.  Couldn't resist!


This recipe has several parts just as the Heath Bar Cake does, but it's a bit simpler.



Pin It

You can find the original post and recipe here.

Start with her from-scratch brownie mix.  I baked it in a 12" deep dish pizza pan.  I cut a circle of parchment paper for the bottom.  I love parchment paper and use it with all my cakes now.



I was trying to figure out how to manage this thin brownie without breaking it so I put a large platter on top and flipped it over.  It, of course, slid out of the pizza pan.  I then turned the pan over and flipped the brownie back on to the bottom of the pan to create a level surface.  The parchment paper was still attached to the bottom of the brownie, which was fine.

Next step, make 1/2 recipe of the buttercream frosting.  Mine was pretty thick - next time I think I'll add a bit more of the heavy cream.  (Only use heavy cream - don't use whipping cream!  That was a mistake I won't do again!)



After the frosting was on, I chopped up the Heath Bars.  I made a bunch of sprinkles and then halved a bunch of the small bars to put on the top.

Next, make the ganache.  This recipe is for a microwave version.  Easy!  So easy I forgot to take a picture of it!  Then, add your Heath bar stuff.


I went and got a pizza box from a local pizza place, put parchment in the bottom and then added a doily.


Because it was going to be shared with my son-in-law's work peeps, I pre-cut it so it was easier to serve and then put the pieces into the box.  Cutting this was a snap because it was still on the bottom of the pizza pan.  

(Here's a picture of the upside down pan with parchment after all pieces were transferred to the box.)




The Heath Bar Cake from i am baker that I featured in this post was eaten in a record amount of time.  We'll see if this beats it!

Delicious, yummy, addicting.... need I say more?







Comments

Popular Posts