Churro Cupcakes!!!

Churro cupcake update:

I took a dozen cupcakes over to my daughter after I made them.  She was heading out to Girls' Movie Night at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts for a screening of Spice World.  She took the cupcakes with her and ended up sharing not only with her girlfriends, but also with "Scary Spice".  There was a DJ at the event and he wanted one too.  So, she told him he could have one if he played one of her fav songs.  And he did.  And he totally photobombed her pic with "Scary" (check it out - he has one of the cupcakes in his hands!)  Hooray for the Churro Cupcakes!!






Original Post:


Okay, I admit it.  I've never had a churro.  Hard to believe, but it's true.  My daughter tried her first one at Disneyland, and while she worked there I think that probably was her lunch and/or dinner on many occasions.  On our last few visits there with her, churros were at the top of the "I have to have one of these!" list.  So, when I saw this recipe, I thought these would be perfect for her so I baked a batch.


Let me just say from the beginning, this recipe from iheartnaptime.net is amazing.  Not only is it yummy, but when making it, I thought that some ingredient was left out at least twice.  Not the expected combination of things.  But, despite my scoffing.... the batter and the frosting were PERFECT!

The recipe is on the Recipe page.  The link is here.


Pin It

The batter is made of sour cream, butter, eggs, flour, brown and white sugar, baking soda & powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.  It had a thick consistency, and I scooped rather than poured it into the tins.

The frosting is made of cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.  I thought for sure it would need a few drops of milk or other liquid, but it transformed from thick to creamy before my very eyes!!  Perfect consistency for using my frosting bag and tip.



The recipe makes about 16 - 18 cupcakes

A sprinkle of sugar/cinnamon tops off the cupcake perfectly!!

Give this quick, easy recipe a try.  So good with a cup of coffee!  I'm just sayin'!!

Comments

Popular Posts