"Days Until" Chalkboard

Here is a variation on the usual framed chalkboard that I've done (mentioned in my last Crafty Girls post).  This one was made from a piece of wood.  I attached a sawtooth picture hanger thingy on the back and a drawer pull on the front (to hold the chalk).    My stencil was made by printing up the phrase in a very large font on my computer and cutting it out with an exacto knife.  When the paint was dry, I traced the stencil on the board in pencil and then painted it.  It now hangs proudly outside the door near my office.  I need those reminders to get things done!!

The chalkboard in action!  Geez, not much time left to get registration going!  Yikes!


Use an exacto knife to cut out the printed words


After painting the board black, trace the stencil with a pencil (hey that rhymes!) then paint with ivory!


Crafty Girls Day



Comments

Popular Posts