V-STITCH BLANKET REVISITED



My mom's birthday is coming up.  She's going to be 94.  As she gets older, I know that she is very sensitive to cold and heat.  I found this AMAZING yarn at Michael's and knew it would make a perfect throw for when the weather gets colder.  The main color yarn is Bernat velvet (3 skeins) and I used a skein of Hobby Lobby Yarn Bee "Glowing" for the edging and the pompoms.



The pattern that I used was the "No Space Double Crochet V-Stitch" which can be found here.  This pattern uses a large hook so it goes very quickly.  This is a variation of the stitch used for the blanket in my previous post here.


When I had stitched the blanket to the size that I liked, I used the Yarn Bee yarn to stitch single crochets around the edges (2 times).  I then used my pompom maker to make enough pompoms to attach around the blanket.  My blanket ended up being 48" x 48" with pompoms placed every 12".


This is a great pattern for beginners.  It is a single stitch (double crochet) and because a large hook is used, it goes quickly.  For a baby blanket, you would just use a smaller hook and a thinner yarn.  Very versatile!  

Now, I just have to stop myself from giving it to her ahead of time.... I usually just can't wait!!  But since it's still 90 degrees outside, I guess I'll hold off!






Comments

Popular Posts