Lacy Baby Blanket

It's baby shower season!  If you're looking for a "somewhat challenging to start but okay once you get the hang of it" pattern, this is a great one to try.  I have to have a little bit of a challenge when I crochet or I literally fall asleep.  This one kept my attention.  I found the pattern here on lacycrochetblogspot.com.  I did it in a gender neutral yellow.  One large skein was all it took.  The pattern calls for a steel hook, size 1, which was different.  Usually patterns note size H, I, or J.  It was fun to use the really small size.  I also LOVED the edging.  I had never done a crab stitch before and it was a lot of fun.  (A crab stitch is a backwards single crochet.)  I'm always insecure about how the corners look, so I added tassels to each.

Please click on the link above to find the pattern and thanks to Lacy Crochet for sharing!!





Pin It


The pattern is (thankfully) repetitive.  I love the alternating "feather" and "cluster".

Here's that lovely edge!  The crab stitch wraps around the outside of the last row of double crochets.

Tassels!!  Ta da!!

Comments

Popular Posts