CRAFTY GIRLS #7 - CELEBRATING THE RED, WHITE AND BLUE

Hi everyone!  Boy, it's been awhile!  Work has been all-consuming lately and I finally emerged from the other side of the tunnel!

I felt a desperate need for a Crafty Girls day.  The date was chosen quickly so not a lot of friends could attend, but it's always fun no matter how many show up!  This time we made wooden flags.  It was a new project for all of us so we muddled through together - but we were all happy with the results!


I purchased the wood ahead of time and my husband cut it up and we spent a couple of hours yesterday sanding all the surfaces.  I'm glad we did the prep work ahead of time because it took a couple of hours for our group to make the flags.  Having to sand everything would have been a drag!

The door is open!  Come on in!




The flags are pretty simple.  The wood pieces are cut from 2x6's and 2x2's with the longest piece being 10 inches and the shortest being 5 1/2 inches.  The 2x6 is cut into a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 square.




I purchased a pre cut star from Michael's.  That was easier than cutting one ourselves.

Supplies included buttons, twine, scrapbook paper, paint and spray adhesive.





We had a pretty big space, but boy, painting does take up a lot of room!





The one thing I really love about crafting together, is that we all end up with something different - all equally cool!  Love the projects and love the friendships!!  I'm really feeling patriotic now!!







Comments

Popular Posts