GRATEFUL BANNER

I needed something new to decorate my office after the Fourth of July holiday.  As things get stressful and busy, I sometimes find it hard to step back a little and look at all the things, large and small, that I'm grateful for.  We have our little "grateful jar" at home that we open January 1st, and I forget to add to that too!  I guess I seriously need a reminder to focus on something positive - especially in this era of constant negativity and hateful actions filling our social media and news broadcasts.  

Pin It


I had wandered through JoAnn's and Michael's and found these wonderful "THINGS" on sale and couldn't wait to try to put them all together in some way.  It took awhile, but the idea for this banner came into focus and so it shall be!!  I added in some twine and ribbon that I had sitting around as well.



Isn't this twine from Michael's amazing???  It has wooden butterflies already strung on it and it's the perfect length!  When I found that, I knew it was time to take an hour or two and put something together!



I found a couple of sheets of scrapbook paper and blank cardstock that matched the colors of my "stuff".  I cut them in these sizes - 3" x 4 1/2" for the background paper and 2 1/2" x 3" for the cardstock.



I hand lettered the cardstock but you can easily print up letters to fit.  I also looked through my scrapbook embellishments and found some cool brads that I added to the letters.  I took a Sharpie and drew an outline.



To tie the letters to the twine I used some thick bakers twine that I found at Michael's.  I did a simple knot as seen here:


Then, to attach the letter cardstock to the twine, I did this:



Tied a knot at the top and it drooped over the back which turned out perfect!





I broke off most of the length of the pinwheel sticks and hot glued them to the clothespins:



Then, I added pieces of ribbon tied to the twine.  Then all that was left was just a matter of adjusting everything and spacing it out evenly!  Voila!!


Pin It





Comments

Popular Posts