Easter Bunny Popcorn Bars

Pot lucks are a great time to try out recipes and I did just that last week!  These Easter Bunny Popcorn Bars are one of the treats I had fun making.  This recipe is from www.somethingswanky.com.  It's just like making Rice Krispie Treats but the recipe uses popcorn instead of cereal.  Throw in some graham cracker bunnies (this was the most difficult thing to find in the store - I found them with the health foods) and decorate with sprinkles and Cadbury chocolate eggs and voila!!



Pin It

I was in a rush to get these done, because I was bringing two items, so I didn't have time to run out and buy some doilies to put on the plate to make it pretty.  Necessity is the mother of invention (so they say!) so I pulled out a few sheets of pretty spring-ish scrapbook paper, traced a big bowl on the back side, then cut a nice big circle with decorative edged scissors.  I kinda like the paper better than the doily!!



These are easy - melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave, stir in all the ingredients and press them into a pan.  Add the eggs and sprinkles on the top and that's it!  There's still time before Easter to run out and find those graham cracker bunnies!!  





Comments

Popular Posts