Crafty Girls #5 - Holiday Ornaments


Beautiful day outside - pretty darn chilly though.  Perfect day for getting together with friends and enjoying the conversations, the connections, the camaraderie, and of course, the yummy goodies!

I can't believe that we've been doing this for awhile now.  It's a relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and we've kept it casual and fluid.  I don't think anyone feels obligated to attend - if it fits into their calendars, they come.  The group is different every time for just this reason, which is kinda cool.  I'm grateful for these Sundays because I miss these people.  I don't see them often enough.



Pin It
So, the plan for today was to just bring stuff to make ornaments.  We ended up sharing and helping and stealing ideas from one another.  I think we all walked away with more ideas than we came with!

Stephanie made these adorable wooden block ornaments.  With some patterned paper, ModPodge, sandpaper and some patience, she finished up a couple of them before we called it a day.


Pin It

Crystal made a glass ornament with a picture inside.  We were all fascinated as we watched her put it together.  The frosted berries inside and on top finished it off perfectly!



Pin It


Wendy brought a bunch of corks and made reindeer.  She also made a candy cane, a tree and a dog.  With Pinterest close at hand, it was easy to find new ideas!

Pin It



I wanted to make a few paper ornaments.  I bought a REALLY COOL punch that is so much fun to use.  So with some paper, twine and glue, I had a few more ornaments by the end of the day.  I also tried another ornament I had seen on Pinterest.  With directions only in French, I was grateful for the pictures.  It was a tad frustrating, but I was able to make two.

Pin It



I think one of the things I enjoy most about our time together, is that we all stumble through our projects at some point, and we know that we'll get words of encouragement, suggestions or help from one another.  Awesome!

It was a wonderful way to start the holiday season!




Comments

Popular Posts