DOWN TIME KNIT AND CROCHET


In the past year, my responsibilities and daily life have changed from the expected to the unexpected.

My retirement, earlier than expected due to an assignment change that was upsetting and stressful, turned out to be a good decision.  Although I had planned to suck it up and get through the last two years, it wasn't worth the stress - I was so terribly unhappy.  Time to cut my losses and move on.

I enjoyed not having to go to that job.  It was a tremendous relief when I was able to walk away on the date that I chose - not one that was convenient for everyone else, but one that was convenient for ME.  Life at home was smoother, calmer.  I had the time to volunteer in my daughter's classroom,   I had time to take a couple of trips with my husband.  I was able to garden and knit and crochet and relax.  I loved being at home.

Then, my mom took a fall.

I had a full time job again.

We are now five months in and I'm at my mom's 12 hours a day five days a week - the time between when the caregivers (bless their hearts) arrive and leave.  And, my perspective on my previous "job offer" has changed - I am so GRATEFUL that I was able to retire so that I would have the time to spend with my mom.  I am convinced that there is a larger plan, whether or not I see it at the time.  And this plan ended up being perfect.

And during those hours that I am helping my mom through her day, I can sit and crochet or knit while we watch TV, while we talk, or while she naps.  It's all good.

Below are some of my favorite patterns to knit or crochet.  I enjoy baby blanket sized projects and of course, I love pom poms, fringe and tassels.  I hope there is something here that catches your eye and your interest!  Enjoy!





Knit Bobble Blanket with tassels, fringe and pom poms - LINK

                 
               
       

Bernat Maker Home Dec yarn and Eyelet Textures crochet pattern LINK 


 Basic Corner to Corner crochet pattern using Pound of Love yarn (left) and 
Caron Cotton Cakes (right)
Blanket on the left has a double crochet/shell border, one on the right has just a double crochet border and pom poms
LINK to book, however C2C instructions can be easily found on the internet


                                       

Blanket Stitch crochet pattern LINK with 1 blanket stitch border row and one row of  block edging LINK


Lion Brand Textured Afghan knit pattern with lots of pom poms LINK


Rainbow Blanket crochet pattern with double crochet edge LINK



Crazy Chunky crochet pattern with pom poms LINK


Light and Lacy crochet pattern with tassels LINK


Comments

Popular Posts