CROCHET BOBBLE BLANKET

Well, I finally finished.  What started out as a "quick finish" project, ended up taking longer than I thought.  But that's okay.  It's always a good thing to have some yarn and needles nearby for those moments when you are waiting... and waiting...

Pin It

I found this "Rainbow Blanket" pattern on Pinterest and loved it.  I didn't have all the colors that the pinner had, but I certainly had a lot of yarn that I had purchased, with every intention of using, but alas, it languished in my yarn box.  This pattern was the perfect solution!

The pattern can be found here on Petunia Pill.

It really is quite simple once you get the hang of it.  One suggestion - find a method for changing yarn colors that you like.  There is a lot of color changing going on in this blanket!



Then, there's the bobble edging.  I searched around on the internet and finally found one that was well-explained and matched the pattern for the blanket.  

You can find it here on Heidi Bears.



I didn't do a whole lot of measuring with this one.  Just made it as large and as long as I liked.  I hope you give it a try - it truly is a lot of fun!

Comments

  1. Omg! It's gorgeous! Great job! Looking at this beauty of yours makes me want to start another right this second. So glad you found the "Heidi Bears" bobble edge! That's a fave of mine! I've also become very fond of crab stitch as a finishing edge. I didn't know how to do it back when I made this blanket! I just adore the colors you used here! Thanks for the link and for letting me know you'd posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment - I would love to hear from you!

Popular Posts