SMALL SAYINGS

I can't believe we are at the beginning of another school year.  Time just flies and it seems the older I get, the faster it goes!

I like to have a little welcome back gift for my colleagues in the office and this year I wanted to make small chalkboards.  These 4" x 6" frames were from Hobby Lobby and I spray painted the glass just as I've done many times before.  Lettering is freehand but I used the same technique described on this blog to transfer the writing to the black surface.


I went on Pinterest and found some cute (and appropriate!) sayings - different ones for each person.  It was really kind of fun, because after opening them, they looked around to see the frames that the others received.






Then, my daughter wanted to make some for the teachers she works with, and she chose Disney quotes. She chose unfinished wood plaques from Hobby Lobby and spray painted them black.  Lettering is freehand.



This was an easy, thoughtful, fun gift!  Give it a try!


Comments

Popular Posts