Emily's Room

A few years ago my daughter Emily wrote this note.  I can't remember the details about why she wrote it, but it touched my heart and it remained Scotch-taped to the back of the door of her bedroom for quite awhile.  She got married, moved to her own place with her husband, and yes, that note remained on the door.

We painted her room, turned it into a guest room and the note stayed put.  The tape wasn't holding as well as it should have and I finally moved the note into a file where I've kept it until now.

This past Christmas, Emily and her husband gave me a beautiful, large, white frame and some paintbrushes.  They know that I love doing chalkboard designs and it was the perfect gift.  It had been five months since I received that frame and FINALLY I knew exactly what I wanted to put in it.  That note.  Well not the exact note, since it was about 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and the frame is 18" x 24", but a representation of it.  I asked Emily to make the design and I transferred it on the glass.  This is now hanging in the guest room, formerly Emily's room, and it's perfect.  Just like the original note was perfect.  And still is.



Pin It





Comments

Popular Posts