CRAFTY WRAPPING

Inspired by the latest edition of Real Simple magazine, I decided to do some of my holiday wrapping a bit differently this year.  


I hit Home Depot, Walmart, Michaels and Hobby Lobby for some supplies.  Initially I thought I'd try to find some white and gold baker's twine, but that just wasn't in the cards.  So, I settled for second best!  Here's what I found:




From Home Depot, I purchased jute, household twine and twisted mason line (I remember using that mason line when we poured the foundation for our addition to our old house).  It comes in fluorescent colors too!  I also purchased brass washers, nuts and "compression sleeves".  I thought they'd look nice attached to the twine.




From Walmart, I purchased a huge roll of brown Kraft paper and some raffia ribbon.  The combination of string and ribbon might look nice!



From Michael's I purchased crochet cotton!  Red and green!  Cheaper than baker's twine too!!  Using a coupon made it an even better deal!



From Hobby Lobby I purchased gold bells (they had lots of colors but I went for the least expensive) and manilla tags.


For this gift, I wrapped it in Kraft paper.  I used the green crochet cotton and wrapped it horizontally and vertically about 5 - 6 times, tied a small knot and cut off the ends.  I then did the same with the  raffia, but only went around once.  I then took the red crochet cotton and tied on several do-dads and wrapped it around once both directions.  I tied the tag on with a bow using the ends of the red strand.



Voila!  Fun and festive!!



Comments

Popular Posts