The pattern is from allaboutami.com and you can find the link here. I was able to find the yarn at Michael's on sale for about $2.50 a skein, so the total cost was only around $15.00. I'm a very novice clothing crocheter, so there were a few challenges with this piece. Here are my suggestions:
- Buy extra yarn. I ended up using a bigger hook than suggested so it used more yarn. Plus, you can always return it if you don't use it.
- The collar piece is a bit challenging. The blogger actually added that on to the original pattern so you really don't need to add it on.
- Search the stitches (front post double crochet, back post double crochet, etc.) on the internet and don't be afraid to try it. I ripped out several sections to start over, but this is a quick project.
- Make sure you add one single crochet at the end of each row before turning. That will keep the number of stitches the same throughout.
- Go by the measurement of the piece, not the number of rows.
I loved using the Bernat Softee Chunky yarn. I would recommend any thick yarn, however, it would be fun to see what this looks like in a thinner version.
I hope you give it a try - it really was the type of project that you can do while watching TV. No stitch counting or fancy stitches to worry about for the main piece.
Don'tcha love Pinterest???